Buzzards in Hinckley!!!
Honey Hut Ice Cream opening for the year!!!
Pups on walks with their owners!!!
When those appear after a long, cold stretch of time, it signals the arrival of Spring in Cleveland. And I am grateful for it! With the arrival of a new season, also comes a new listing of fun stuff to do!
Let’s dive right in – you know what’s about to happen here…
TEN THINGS THIS TUESDAY: WHERE YOU CAN FIND ME THIS SPRING (PART ONE)
1. Ohio Blogging Association March CLE Blogger Meet Up & Volunteer Night on Wednesday, March 23rd: You are coming, right?! And if you are, you’ve filled out the volunteer form on the Foodbank website, right? Just checking…
2. Cleveland International Film Festival from March 24th through April 4th: CONFESSION: I have never attended this well respected festival of film! I’m planning on changing that in 2011, but which films to choose?! At least there’s a listing online to help make this process easier!
Also check out their 2011 Program Guide for more info (opens a PDF file).
3. Gotta Love Chevy NEO Thank You Lunch on Saturday, March 26th: Chevy wants to thank all the OBA volunteers with a nice lunch out after their hard work on the 23rd! Attendees of the March 23rd volunteering night are invited to Aladdin’s Eatery (at 6901 Rockside Road in Independence) on Saturday the 26th at 12:30PM to enjoy some hummus, pita and other treats – all on Chevy!
The connection? Gotta Love Chevy NEO is currently running a Harvest for Hunger campaign of their own: For every new like on their facebook page, they will donate more money to the Foodbank to help feed families in need in northeast Ohio. Click on over to their page to help out the Cleveland Foodbank and the Akron Regional Foodbank!
4. The Great Lakes Theater Festival opening of Two Gentleman of Verona on Friday, April 8th: I’m giddy to see a production of a Shakespeare piece that I have never seen before!
Even more exciting, seeing a show that you love, such as the one I’m seeing this upcoming weekend! More on that on Thursday!
5. The 39th Cleveland Spring Classic on Saturday, April 9th: Held by Cleveland West Road Runners Club, this race boasts two distances: a 5K and a ten miler. Here’s your chance to enjoy the Cleveland Metroparks on the Southwest side of town! Register on the Active.com website.
6. The Opening Night of I Hate This/And Then You Die on Saturday, April 9th: David Hansen is one of my running inspirations, a former coworker of mine, and a pretty fabulous writer. Check out his fabulousness on Facebook. For those reasons and more, I can’t wait to see this production at Cleveland Public Theatre.
More from the show’s page on CPT’s site: David Hansen performs his two award winning solo shows in a single show. One is an exploration of personal loss and recovery, while the other is about obsession and victory. Both shows were developed in CPT’s Big [Box] and have gone on to successful runs at the New York Fringe.
To make a reservation, visit Cleveland Public Theatre’s website today.
7. The next Emerging Chefs event on Wednesday, April 13th: I’ve got the inside scoop on their next event, but I’m not giving you any more info than that! Something to look forward to!
8. The Ohio Blogging Association April CLE Blogger Round Table on April 19th: Taking place at Touch Supper Club, bloggers of all sorts are invited to meet to discuss blogging. New bloggers, old bloggers and everyone inbetween are encouraged to attend to get their thoughts and questions out in the air! Oh, and we’ll enjoy some darn tasty food as well. Check out the Facebook invite for more information and to RSVP today.
9. Spin for Strays: Happy Hour Ride to benefit Secondhand Mutts on Friday, April 22nd: Remember when I went bowling with bloggers? Now I’ll go spinning with them at Ride and Workout (at 18524 Detroit Ave in Lakewood) – it will be my first spin class EVER!
From the Facebook event page: Spin for Strays is the first ever Happy Hour Ride to benefit Secondhand Mutts. Ride + Workout has generously provided their studio for this ride, which will be led by the always FABULOUS Spin Mistress Jennifer Sommers. RSVP for the event by visiting Secondhand Mutts’ Facebook event page.
10. The Cleveland Arthritis Walk on Saturday, April 30th: Taking place at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, the Arthritis Walk is the signature fundraiser for the Arthritis Foundation. It’s not just an event, it’s a celebration of year-round movement to help prevent and treat arthritis.
Consider this your invitation to join us that morning, walk our course around our fabulous zoo and do some good for the 1.5 million doctor diagnosed Northeastern Ohioans living with arthritis. Check out the site for more details and to donate today.
…and that’s only through April 30! Part Two is just as crazy as this is! What events are you looking forward to this spring?