We’ve gone to a lot of events over the course of my blogging career, but one event gets the credit for two of my all time favorite Hansen family dancing photos:
Yes, Hans fist pumping, and me dancing with a cut out of Sam Adams. Thank you Yuri’s Night 2012.
Don’t know what Yuri’s Night is? Well, it’s my duty as “Mrs. NASA Glenn” to share just what it’s all about — with help from Great Lakes Science Center:
Yuri’s Night parties and events are held around the world every April in commemoration of April 12, 1961, the day of cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin’s first manned space flight, and April 12, 1981, the inaugural launch of NASA’s Space Shuttle. As home of the NASA Glenn Visitor Center, the Science Center is thrilled to be the host of Cleveland’s official Yuri’s Night celebration.
And since last year we were at a NASA Social, and this year I’ll be at a yoga teacher training (#shocker), I thought it might be fun to get you involved in this year’s Cleveland Yuri’s Night.
Taking place on Saturday, April 12, this year’s Cleveland Yuri’s Night will include:
- Live music by Abby Normal, Vibe & Direct, DJ 41SE7EN and OZMTZ
- Dancing all night long
- Beer and wine - Sam Adams beer, Angry Orchard cider, Barefoot wines and light hors d’oeuvres included in ticket price while supplies last; cash bar for cocktails and special treats
- New! a Black Light Lounge and outdoor deck party experience (weather permitting)
- A costume contest – wear your best space-themed attire!
- The opportunity to explore the NASA Glenn Visitor Center and the special exhibition, Wildlife Rescue
- the GLSC’s Big Science Show, cool science demos and their signature midnight balloon drop
- Special appearances by NASA astronaut Greg H. Johnson, Cleveland Institute of Art, the Great Lakes Base of the Rebel Legion, Ohio Garrison / 501st Legion and the Mandalorian Mercs
- Free parking in the GLSC’s attached garage
Tickets are $55 per person. Purchase online or call 216-621-2400 to get your tickets today… or you can enter two win two tickets to the April 12th Yuri’s Night event this week on the blog! Enter via the Rafflecopter:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You have until this Friday, March 28th at 12:00AM EST to enter. The winner will be announced later that morning. Since this event takes place in Cleveland, make sure you can attend before entering. So grab your astronaut costume (wait, everyone doesn’t have one at home?!) and enter to win today!
Want to learn more about Yuri’s Night? Check out the Great Lakes Science Center’s Facebook page here, and follow @YurisNight and @GLScienceCtr to keep up-to-date on all of the global celebrations.
Disclosure: I am unable to attend this event, but the Great Lakes Science Center agreed to passing along my two media passes to the winner of this giveaway. My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.