Yesterday — thanks to a Browns bye week — Hans and I enjoyed a very leisurely Sunday afternoon meandering around some East side shopping centers. A large chunk of the afternoon was spent at Legacy Village, which made me excited for my favorite end-of-the-year fitness event: the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis – Cleveland.
I had the complete joy of planning this 5K run/walk event the first two years (bucket list item check!) in returned to the Northeastern Ohio area, and participated in the event last year with our team, Team Grinch Paws. Five adults, one baby and a dog — we were quite the well represented group of runners, walkers and strollers!
This year’s event — taking place on Sunday, December 13th at Legacy Village in Lyndhurst — features:
- a chip-timed 5K run starting at 9am (this ain’t no pancake course — the rolling hills of the Cleveland Clinic Wellness campus make this a fun one!)
- a 1 mile Family Fun Run option starting at 9:05am
- Health & Wellness Expo Area (located in the brand new L.L. Bean store!) — open at 8am
- Super Star VIP Area Opens (for teams raising $3,500 or more and individuals raising $750 or more)
- Post event bash upon runners/walkers return in Health & Wellness Expo including enter-to-win prizes
Register for the December 13th race today at jbr.org/cleveland — or enter to win up to two race entries here on the blog this week. Submit your entries by this Friday at the Rafflecopter:
…a winner will be selected Saturday morning!
Want to donate to the Arthritis Foundation? You can click over to the race website. Want to stay in the know for 2015? Keep up to date with all the CLE Jingle Bell Run/Walk happenings by following its Twitter handle at @JingleBellCLE.
Disclosure: I am a former employee of the Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Northeastern Ohio. In sharing info and running a giveaway, I was offered a race entry to this December 13th event. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.