As an employee of the Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Northeastern Ohio market, I’m constantly in awe of the generous donors that come forward with unique ways to support of our organization and its constituents. And this week, we have a very special way for those with arthritis to really benefit first hand. Once again, the Arthritis Foundation is partnering with Massage Envy for Healing Hands for Arthritis Day.
On Wednesday, September 18, The Arthritis Foundation is pleased to be able to offer its constituents who suffer from arthritis a massage at Massage Envy for FREE! Massage Envy also will donate $10 of every massage or facial and 10% of all products sold at Massage Envy Clinics to the Arthritis Foundation, with a goal of raising $1,000,000 across the country.
Massage therapy can play an important role in alleviating the pain and swelling caused by arthritis, improving flexibility and circulation and reducing stress and anxiety - plus who wouldn’t love an hour of peace and quiet in their day?
Here are the requirements for a FREE massage:
- You have arthritis and would benefit from a massage
- You are not currently a Massage Envy member
- You can claim your massage on Wednesday, September 18 - Healing Hands for Arthritis Day
- Reservations will be on a first-come, first- served basis
- The value of the free massage is $78
- Tipping is not required, but it would be a nice gesture; $10 to $15 would be appropriate
- It will take a total of 60 minutes (50 minutes on the table, 5 minutes before for a consultation and 5 minutes afterwards to get dressed)
To book your appointment:
- Call one of the clinics listed below and tell the staff person that the Arthritis Foundation referred you for a free massage for Healing Hands for Arthritis Day on Wednesday, September 18
- Staff person will ask for a credit card number to reserve your appt. but will not charge anything
- The number of donated services are limited and will vary by location. If the clinic closest to you does not have any services available, you can go on a wait list, as the clinic continues to work to identify additional appointments, or you can ask for availability at another location
- Please be aware that being placed on the wait list does not hold an appointment for you
Participating locations include:
- AVON: 35825 Detroit Rd, Avon, OH 44011 - (440) 937-0877
- BEACHWOOD – ACROSS FROM VILLAGE SQUARE: 27520 Chagrin Boulevard, Beachwood, OH 44122 - (216)464-3689
- BEACHWOOD – AT LA PLACE: 2101 Richmond Road, Beachwood, OH 44122 - (216) 593-0140
- BELDEN VILLAGE: 4470 Everhard Rd., Canton, OH 44718 – (330) 526-0444
- FAIRLAWN: 3265 W. Market St. Summit Mall, Fairlawn, OH 44333 - (330) 867-ENVY (3689)
- STRONGSVILLE: 6 Southpark Center, Strongsville, OH 44136 - (440) 878-0500
- WESTLAKE: 30307 Detroit Road, Westlake, OH 44145 - (440) 808-8000
Those who cannot attend can still donate $10 by texting the word “massage” to 80888 from Wednesday, September 18th through Friday, September 20th.
If you have any questions and live in the Northeastern Ohio area, please contact email@example.com or 216.285.2826. Or leave a comment below and I’ll try to get an answer for you.
So do us a favor: spread the word about this opportunity for those with arthritis to get a bit of ease through a wonderful opportunity from Massage Envy!
Disclosure: I work full-time at the Arthritis Foundation, Great Lakes Region, Northeastern Ohio market. Sharing this information is not part of my job responsibilities. My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.