After quite the exciting, emotional and memorable week, it was time to celebrate on a Friday night (instead of heading home to watch Shark Tank). Hans and I headed downtown to Cleveland Public Auditorium for one of Northeastern Ohio’s best events: Cleveland Magazine‘s 2014 Best of Cleveland Party presented by The Collection Auto Group on October 10th.
With a change of layout from the previous year, VIP guests entered via a separate entrance right into the VIP Lounge. I loved the change of keeping the VIP space on the same level as the main floor, and highly enjoyed the very special offerings.
I could have stayed there all night. From Lola, to Trentina, to Pier W to Cork & Cleaver Social Kitchen, my belly was already content in the first twenty minutes of being at the event. But we knew we had more to see in the main hall of the auditorium.
After first checking in with the Harness Cycle table which includes some other local yoga studios (always great catching up with my girl Ylonda — @rosenty76 on Instagram — and the ladies from 3 Sisters Yoga in Avon), we started wandering around the wide array of vendors:
Our favorites from the night included:
- The various offerings from GV Art & Design (I’m overdue for a visit to their Lakewood shop)
- Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar‘s taco offering (if only it came with a side of their guac…)
- WFF Pickles — the most delicious of all the pickles that night, IMO, and can be bought at the Kamm’s Corners market.
- A wheelbarrow of juice from Garden of Flavor. (I might have tweeted this after realizing they were giving away full bottle samples of their White Knight flavor.)
- Pope’s Kitchen’s bloody mary mix (plus chatting with Clark is always a fun time!)
- Adega in The 9‘s risotto ball of goodness. YUM.
- …and getting to catch up with my old college buddy and giveaway winner, @jvalenti. Great to see you and your wife, Joe!
Also, it didn’t hurt to end the round with some vegan chocolate ice cream from Mitchell’s. And a second round of pumpkin spice for good measure.
Back to the SpaWest VIP Lounge, we found ourselves drawn to the spa services, first hitting up a couple’s chair massage, then a couple’s manicure.
Too bad we spent the next day priming our bedroom for a painting the following day. That manicure looked great at yoga that Saturday morning at least! Speaking of successes at the yoga studio, a final treat was in the VIP bags: a CLE Clothing Co. tshirt, plus other goodies including our own copies of the October Cleveland Magazine issue featuring all the evening vendors.
Since I had an early morning wake up call, it was time to call it a night. Even in a shorter-than-usual event stay, we had a great time celebrating the best of what Cleveland had to offer in 2014. Many thanks to the entire team at Great Lakes Publishing for having us and making such a fun night possible. Congrats on another successful Cleveland Magazine Best of Cleveland Party — can’t wait to celebrate all that 2015 will have to offer!
Disclosure: I was asked by the publication to help promote this event via a ticket giveaway here on the blog. In return, I received two tickets to attend this event. My thoughts and opinions are my own.