This time last year, I was pretty convinced that we’d be looking at ways to renovate our house. I would have never guessed that we’d end up moving into a house a few months later that had more landscaping and yard work to do than indoor renovations. Since I have a brown thumb, I’ll take all the gardening help we can get, so I’ll be headed to the ninth annual Great Big Home and Garden Show, starting this Friday.
The 2018 Great Big Home and Garden Show is taking place February 2-11 at the I-X Center. It’s your best opportunity to find fresh inspiration, helpful tips, innovative products and fantastic deals in remodeling, home improvement, decor and otudoor spaces with hundreds of experts — all under one roof.
In addition to the many exhibitors at this year’s show, new features at the 2018 event will include:
- The first of two Weaver Cabins – built by Weaver Barns – is a 2,100-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-and-a-half bath rustic cabin and the second, an approximately 600-square-foot off-the-grid cabin that offers a unique concept in utilizing solar power in the home.
- The approximately 1,500-square-foot Xtend Technologies’ High-Tech Luxury Lower Level built by Pepperwood Homes will inspire visitors with ideas for their own indoor/outdoor entertainment and recreation areas.
- Tiny Homes by Small Spaces CLE will allow visitors to experience first-hand why a luxury home doesn’t always mean thousands of square feet.
- DIY Inspiration via the One Nightstand Challenge: Six of Cleveland’s most stylish designers were challenged to take a basic nightstand from bland to bold, using only $50. Attendees will get a chance to take their dreamy creations home by placing a bid on their favorite, with auction proceeds benefitting a local chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
- Visitors can stop by U Got Mail to vote for their favorite local celebrity designed mailbox and bid on a chance to take one home. Proceeds to benefit Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland.
- Whether a recent new homeowner, in the market to build or renovate, guests will want to stop by the Home Builders Association Housing Resource Center located next to The Main Stage to get expert advice from a professional.
Returning favorite features from previous years at the show will include:
- The popular Garden Showcase will feature song-themed gardens created by some of Northeast Ohio’s top landscapers.
- The combined Main Stage and Loretta Paganini Cooking Stage will offer attendees the best of home improvement celebrity appearances with the opportunity to taste and enjoy culinary delights in one convenient location. A state-of-the-art kitchen stage and vignette, will be designed and built by the Home Builders Association for consumers to tour between stage presentations.
- The Club Cambria is back in the middle of the show floor this year. The space features OBERFIELDS products and is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine or a light snack.
- At The Petitti Gardening Stage, daily gardening seminars on landscape design, flora and furnishing outdoor rooms will be held by Northeast Ohio landscape experts.
- Kids can have fun in Playground World’s KidZone, featuring a variety of safe, high-quality playground equipment and exciting giveaways for parents.
- Children will learn how to use a hammer while constructing a small project of their choice and leave with their own orange workshop apron during the Home Depot Kids’ Workshops.
Plus, celebrity guests will make appearances throughout the span of the show, including stars like Kathy Ireland and Clint Harp from HGTV’s Fixer Upper.
Tickets are on sale now. Adult tickets (ages 13+) are $12 online and child tickets (ages 6-12) are $5 online. Discounted pricing is also available for groups of 20+.
BONUS: Visit my Instagram feed TODAY — I’m giving away two tickets for the show over on IG!
Keep up with the Great Big Home + Garden Show by visiting the show’s website, and following it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Mark yourself as Interested or Going on the Facebook event page here. I’ll see you there!
Disclosure: Images c/o the Great Big Home + Garden Show. The Great Big Home + Garden Show invited me to help promote their 2018 show. In exchange, I will receive two general admission tickets to the 2018 event and two to giveaway. All thoughts and opinions are always my own.