Have you ever met someone and known from that instant that they were the real deal? That their hard work and dedication spoke volumes through the people the reach on a daily basis? That when you hear the words “work hard, play hard”, that person immediately pops in your head? Well, in my case, it’s two people – Zosimo and Anjua Maximo. This husband/wife dynamic-duo are the co-owners and co-founders of a very special company that is shaking up how Cleveland gets their fitness in: GrooveRyde.
I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Anjua and Zos for a few years now and will admit I always thought it would be a blast to team up with them in some way. So after reconnecting with them late last year, an idea came up to bring together some of Cleveland’s movers and shakers for a night of fitness and networking — and one heck of a good time. Cleveland Connects was officially born.
This past Friday night, influencers (both online and offline ones) gathered at GrooveRyde’s new downtown location (at East 12th and Chester Avenue) for our first Cleveland Connects networking event. So many beautiful Clevelanders were there, including:
- Alicia at @aliciamhansen <– that’s me!
- Alyssa at @the_mexitalian
- Amanda at @blissful.gal
- Aubrey at @thatswhatsheeats
- Charity at @charity216
- Elise at @workoutwanderers
- Erin at @workoutwanderers
- Eugene from @Heinens Downtown
- Holly at @hfhammers
- Jen at @whycle
- Julia at @beardandbroad / @jbszabo
- Katie at @kasuallykatie
- Kimberly from @thebeautyroomcle
- Kristina from Date Fit
- Leah at @bytravelanderror
- Lisa Sands at @ediblecleveland / @lisasands
- Stephanie at @stephanie_prause
- The team from @fountleathergoods
- The team from the Cleveland Hilton Downtown
Yup, we had a full house, all ready to mix, mingle and move!
Zos and I starting the evening // Photo source: @hfhammers‘s IG feed
GrooveRyde’s Beat Box gloves // From @the_mexitalian‘s IG feed
The night featured GrooveRyde’s three signature workouts (AKA my fitness trifecta):
- Beat Box: Zos got us started with hand wraps and boxing gloves which meant only one thing: Beat Box. This workout features a full-body workout that combines boxing/kickboxing with bootcamp strength exercises. It was my first time boxing with a bag and I LOVED it!
- Groove Cycle: Lauren (@lo_gatto on IG) taught an indoor cycling class filled with cardio and endurance-based aspects that incorporated choreographed movements and light hand weights — all on GrooveRyde’s Schwinn AC Performance Plus Carbon Blue bikes. I could have stayed on that bike all night, especially with the jams Lauren had us moving to!
- Buti Yoga: This calorie-scorching workout fuses power yoga with cardio-intensive tribal dance and body sculpting primal movement. Created by Celebrity Trainer Bizzie Gold, Anjua was one of the first teachers teaching Buti Yoga in the Cleveland area and she shared the practice with us Friday night. I find it fun to combine familiar vinyasa yoga moves with motions that get me out of my comfort zone!
75 minutes later: we were still all smiles, even if we were all pretty sore!
After our workouts, we had the opportunity to enjoy some eats from Raw Trainer (including their famous Natcho Cheez sauce — OMGGGGG) as Anjua dove into how GrooveRyde embraces the concept of Heart and Hustle. But honestly, with a crew like this, no verbal explanation was needed — you could FEEL just how committed Zosimo, Anjua and the entire GrooveRyde crew is to putting their hearts into everything while hustlin’ to bring their dreams into fruition.
From @samarie12‘s IG feed
There are not enough words to thank this group of amazing humans for allowing me to be a member of the GrooveRyde team for this incredible gathering. A special thank you to the event sponsors – The Beauty Room, Lululemon Crocker Park, NOOMA, Raw Trainer and The RefreshinQ Co. for their support and generosity.
Disclosure: Thank you GrooveRyde for inviting me to host this event at their downtown location! GrooveRyde provided all in attendance Friday evening with a complimentary evening of workouts, eats and connectivity. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own.