In my more formal running days, my feet took me all sorts of places: around downtown Cleveland, all over an active military base (the Air Force Half Marathon), through a princess’ castle — thanks Disney! But one place I’ve never run through is a cemetery, but it looks like I’ll have the chance at the 6th Annual Run Through History to benefit Lake View Cemetery Foundation. This year’s race day will take place on Sunday, October 15th at Lake View Cemetery in Cleveland and my participation at this race is of note for a very special reason!…
Here’s the schedule for race morning — note what’s happening at 8am!:
- 7:30 a.m.: – Packet Pick-Up
- 8:00 a.m. – Stretching Clinic — Lead by YOURS TRULY!
- 8:30 a.m. – 1 Mile Strut
- 9:00 a.m. – 5k – Race to Die For
- 10:30 a.m. – Awards Ceremony, entertainment, craft activities for the kids, refreshments and wellness village
- 11:30 a.m. – Freaky Fun Relay
New for this year!:
- The Wellness Village: Vendors including fitness clubs, health check-ups, vendors of healthy snacks & juices representing their wares.
- Fun craft activities for the family
- Freaky Fun Relay: Team of four will run a 1-mile obstacle course carrying pumpkins, jumping over bales of straw, running through a corn maze and trying on pieces of an Octoberfest costume. Fun prizes for the top three teams!
What does is cost to participate?:
- 1-Mile Strut: $20 pre-registration; $25 day-of
- 5k Race to Die For: $25 pre-registration; $30 day-of
- Freaky Fun Relay: $15 pre-registration; $20 day-of
All proceeds benefit the Lake View Cemetery Foundation and its educational outreach to inner ring public schools.
…and don’t forget to set your alarm clocks to join me bright and early to stretch it out before your run! The Stretching Clinic starts at 8am sharp!