Holy blogger get-together, Batman! The Ohio Blogging Association July Cleveland blogger meeting was a HUGE success!
Thanks to our kind hosts at PlayhouseSquare Partners, OBA had a record number of attendees for a tour of the PlayhouseSquare theaters.
The blogroll for the evening included:
- Alicia from Poise in Parma – that’s me! – and Aunt Kathy
- Amanda from Clue into Cleveland and husband Scott
- Amie from My Retro Kitchen
- “Cleveland Chick” from Happiness is a Hot Pierogi
- Crystal from Eat Drink Cleveland
- Dave from Health Insurance Issues with Dave and Again? Really?
- De-de from @DedeMulligan
- Holly from Rust Belt Runner
- Jen from Why CLE? – her recap is up!
- Julie from Am I There Yet
- Julie from ROJ Running
- Julie from Wearing Mascara
- Katie from Beer and Clothing in Cleveland
- Karen from The NotMom.com
- Kasey at A Case Of… – welcome back to the blog, lady!
- Kimberly from SMITTEN…in cleveland
- Lilia from Lilia Write Now
- Lyn from Life Lyn Style and husband Stephen from Skywired.net
- Nidhi from NIDHIZZLE
- Reanna from Big Shot Dot The I
- Sarah from Cooker Girl
- Stuart from sosAssociates and wife Julie
- Tammy from Miss WineOH
Bloggers and Partners gathered Wednesday night for a tour of the complex’s four largest performance spaces.
Partners is the official young professionals group of PlayhouseSquare, one of Cleveland’s most valuable assets. Yes, being a theatre major and a former employee of one of its resident companies, I’m biased! The group does a wonderful job of engaging its members, including throwing Jump Back Ball – considered by many to be one of Cleveland’s finest parties.
Since so many people attended, we were split into two groups before heading off to see the Palace Theatre:
…the State Theatre…
…the Ohio Theatre (which didn’t have seats as they are being replaced!) and the recently renovated Allen Theatre – now home to the Cleveland Playhouse.
Even though I’ve been in these theaters hundreds of times over the course of my life, I must admit I was just as excited as ever to be back. I still can’t believe how lucky I was to spend so much time in such historical environment. To think of all the people that have seen a show and all the artists that have performed on those stages! I wanted to run to the PlayhouseSquare box office to see what was coming up on the schedule!
Post-tour, everyone headed over to newly opened Alex Bistro & Bar where the bloggers and Partners got to know one another while enjoying the new restaurant’s offerings.
The patio at Alex Bistro & Bar was buzzing with such excitement that evening. It was a joy to see the conversations on a wide range of topics – such as bringing ballet coming back to Cleveland, margarita machines, planning tweetups, attending blogging conferences – flowing. I cannot thank the staff at PlayhouseSquare and the leadership of PlayhouseSquare Partners enough for their kind hospitality and organization of this opportunity!
What to see all that we saw last night? You can see the photos from the evening over at the OBA Facebook page.
Interested in joining PlayhouseSquare Partners? Join them on August 2nd for the Cinema at the Square Sing-a-long of West Side Story! I will be the crazy girl in the white dress singing at the top of her lungs…
Ready for some more Ohio Blogging Association fun? Join us in August at The Happy Dog for our “bloggers roundtable” on Thursday, August 16th. RSVP over at the Facebook event page today – let’s pack the Underdog to the gills for a fun night of blogging discussion!