Time to get your calendars out! Here’s what’s happening in Cleveland over the next month or so…
FOR THE BLOGGERS:
OBA July Cleveland Blogger Theater Tour with PlayhouseSquare Partners
- Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:00pm until 8:00pm
- We’re partnering up with PlayhouseSquare Partners to get a behind-the-scenes look at one of Cleveland’s finest institutions! Includes complimentary food and beverage care of the organization!
- Cost: Free!!
- RSVP over at the Facebook event page.
FOR THE YOGIS:
Workshops at Nishkama Yoga: register at Nishkama’s MINDBODY website under the Workshops tab:
- Basics 101 with Bethany from 2:00pm to 4:00pm at Nishkama North Olmsted
- Study of the Yamas with Kelly on July 21 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm at Nishkama North Olmsted
- Basics 101 with Kim on July 22 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm at Nishkama Independence
- Study of the Niyamas on July 28 with Kelly from 12:00pm to 2:00pm at Nishkama North Olmsted
- Cleanse with Whitney on July 29th from 12:00pm to 2:00pm at Nishkama Independence
Summer Fire Walk
- Saturday, July 14 from 4:30pm to 7:30pm
- at East Shore Unitarian Universalist Church in Kirtland
- from the Shakthi Unlimited FB event page: After building team energy and confidence, each participant walks across a 10-20 foot strip of hot coals. While the embers burn out, what is left is a sense of heightened energy within each person, and incredible trust among the team and a wonderful sense of self.
- Cost: $125 per person
- To RSVP, please visit www.shakthiunlimited.com
Yoga Rocks The Park Cleveland – Session #3
- Saturday, July 21st starting at 10:00am
- at Lincoln Park in Tremont
- Includes a class with Cleveland’s own Krysia Maciuszko
- Cost: $10 if you pre-register!
- More info online at http://yogarocksthepark.com/cleveland/
FOR THE RUNNERS, THE WALKERS & THE BIKERS:
Second Annual Parma Run/Walk for the Pierogies benefiting the American Cancer Society Parma Area Relay for Life
- Saturday, July 7 – race starts at 8:30am
- at Cuyahoga Community College’s Western Campus in Parma
- From the race organizer: Once again pierogies will be provided to all participants by Parma’s own Little Polish Diner and Krakow Deli. There will also be revamped course and new, exciting t-shirt design.
- Regsiter online at http://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/parmapierogies.asp
Let’s Move It! Mondays
- on July 2, July 23 and August 6 from 11:30am to 1:30pm
- at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo in Cleveland
- From the website: Cleveland’s favorite lunch time walking program is back! The free exercise break is giving you the experience to Move It! around Cleveland’s best areas!
- Cost: FREE to the public!
- More info available at the Hermes site.
AUGUST SNEAK PEEK: Bike MS Pedal to the Point Ride
- Saturday, August 4 and Sunday, August 5
- Starting at Brunswick High School – headed all the way to Sandusky – and back!
- From the event site: Bike MS is a fully supported ride that begins in Brunswick, Ohio and travels throughout the northern pastoral countryside to Sandusky. A spaghetti dinner and various evening activities await riders upon arrival in Sandusky. On the second day, the ride then returns to Brunswick.
- Cost: all riders must fundraise a minimum of $250 before the August 4th start. First time riders can use code NEWRIDER2012 and their registration is free!
- For more info, visit the MS event page here.
Still in June: Waterloo Arts Fest to benefit Arts Collinwood
- Saturday, June 30 from 12:00pm to 7:00pm
- in the North Collinwood neighborhood of Cleveland – along Waterloo Road
- From the event site: More than 10,000 people are expected to spend the day on Waterloo seeing and making art, catching live performances, shopping an array of vendors, and noshing on local eats, as well as visiting the one-of-a-kind businesses that make this burgeoning district unique
- Cost: FREE!
- More info available at waterlooartsfest.com.
Sunflower Wine Festival to benefit Prayers for Maria
- Saturday, July 14th from 4pm to 12am
- at the Old River Shopping Area on Old Detroit Rd in Rocky River
- From the Prayers for Maria website: The Sunflower Wine & Craft Beer Festival will host nationally renowned wineries and craft breweries… Live music until Midnight featuring Monica Robins and the Whiskey Kings and Cleveland’s Breakfast Club
- Cost: Admission to the street festival is FREE! A $40 at-event Garden Wristband is required for admission to the Wine and Beer Gardens.
- For more info, please visit the event website.
Shoes and Clothes for Kids’s 7th Annual Luau on the Lake
- Saturday, July 14, 2012 from 4:00pm until 7:00pm
- Wendy Park on Whiskey Island in Cleveland
- More info from the FB event page: Now in its 7th year, Luau on the Lake is a Hawaiian themed event to benefit Shoes and Clothes for Kids. Guests enjoy a day fit for a Tiki God with great food, beer, wine, soft drinks, sand volleyball, music and fabulous views of Lake Erie–all to support a great cause.
- Cost: $40.00 for General Admission (before July 11th or $50.00 after and at the door.) $50.00 for the Big Kahuna VIP (pre-sale only through July 11th).
- Order tickets at www.luauonthelake.com or call 216.881.7463, ext. 5.
10th Annual Taste of Tremont
- Sunday, July 15th from 12:oopm to 8:00pm
- in the Tremont neighborhood of Cleveland
- From the FB event page: Over 50 restaurants, galleries, artists and other Tremont businesses participated, offering fine food, beer, wine and art along Professor Avenue, the commercial heart of the neighborhood.
- Cost: FREE!
- Visit www.tasteoftremont.com for more information.
AUGUST SNEAK PEEK: Ten Years of Rhapsody: A Progressive Arts Alliance Celebration
- Saturday, August 11th starting at 7:30PM
- at House of Blues in downtown Cleveland
- From the PAA website: featuring live hip hop performances, a tribute to Project Five featuring Councilman Matt Zone, hands on arts education experiences for all ages, a silent auction and more!
- Cost: tickets start at $25 for general admission
- To purchase tickets, please visit the House of Blues website.
Plenty to do, so get out and do it! What’s on your calendar during the month of July?