May’s almost over, so it’s time to start planning June! Need some ideas? There are plenty listed below – and all will keep you busy in Cleveland!
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE:
ZippityZooDoo to benefit the Cleveland Zoological Society
- Friday, June 8 from 6PM to 12PM
- at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo in Cleveland
- From the Zoo’s website: Enjoy cocktails & hors d’oeuvres, special entertainment, an amazing gourmet dinner (check out the amazing menu here) and dancing under the stars. Roam on over to our silent auction, featuring priceless Zoo experiences.
- Tickets and more info available at http://www.ClevelandZooSociety.org/events_zzd.html
Weapons of Mass Creation Fest 2012
- Friday, June 8 thru Sunday, June 10
- 5400 Detroit Ave, Cleveland, OH
- From the Facebook event page: The Weapons of Mass Creation Fest is the premier art, design, and music event in the Midwest. Now in its third year, 1,000+ attendees will descend upon Cleveland for three days in June to see 20 speakers, 20 designers, and nearly 30 bands.
- Visit www.wmcfest.com for more information. Tickets can be purchased here: https://wmcfest.com/tickets/
Waterloo Arts Festival to benefit Arts Collinwood
- Saturday, June 30 from 12PM to 7PM
- along Waterloo Road in Cleveland’s North Collinwood neighborhood
- Features artists, performers, food vendors… everything a summer festival should have! And it’s FREE!
- More info at their event website: http://waterlooartsfest.com/new/
July Sneak Peek: 2012 Veggie U Food and Wine Celebration
- Saturday, July 21, 2012 from 5PM to 9PM
- at the Culinary Vegetable Institute in Milan
- From the event’s Facebook page: “The grounds are alive on this summer Saturday with the aromas and flavors of the world’s best cuisine, food demonstrations, wine education and samplings, and the chance to contribute to a great cause through the unique offerings of the silent and live auctions. This annual fundraiser benefits Veggie U.”
- EARLY BIRD TICKET SALES END ON JUNE 1ST: save $20 on general admission and $50 on VIP tickets by clicking here to purchase tickets or call 419-499-7500.
- More info – including the list of celebrity chefs – available at www.VeggieUFoodandWine.com
GET YOUR OM ON :: FOR THE YOGIS:
Yoga at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium
- Every Tuesday and Saturday at 9AM – starting on Saturday, June 2nd
- at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium in the Flats
- Because an hour long yoga class in front of the shark tank sounds awesome! Includes your admission to the aquarium!
- Register by calling 216.862.8803. More info here: http://greaterclevelandaquarium.com/yoga
Yoga Rocks The Park Cleveland Opening Day
- Saturday, June 2nd from 10AM to 3PM
- at Lincoln Park in Tremont
- Opening Day of YRP CLE includes classes for all ages all day long. More info on the teachers here: http://yogarocksthepark.com/cleveland/
- Register online by visiting http://guestlistapp.com/events/103098 and save $5!
Workshops at Nishkama Yoga: register at Nishkama’s MINDBODY website under the Workshops tab:
- Saturday, June 2nd: Inversions with Ylonda at Nishkama Yoga Independence from 2PM to 4PM
- Sunday, June 10th: Studying the Sun Salutes with Ginny Walters at Nishkama Yoga North Olmsted from 6PM to 8PM
- Saturday, June 23rd: Inversions with Ylonda at Nishkama Yoga North Olmsted from 12PM to 2PM
Bike to Yoga with Great Lakes Touring Company and Nishkama Yoga
- Thursday, June 10 from 1PM to 4PM
- Starting at Boston Mill train stop in Peninsula
- PROMO CODE! Save $10 by using promo code “Nish12″ at checkout!
- Register by visiting http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3389340609/eorg
STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER :: FOR THE BLOGGERS:
OBA June Cleveland Blogger Downtown Bike Tour with BikeCLE
- Tuesday, June 12, 2012 from 6PM to 8PM
- Starting at The Bike Rack in downtown Cleveland
- Join us for a tour of Downtown Cleveland with Great Lakes Touring Company AKA @BikeCLE!
- More info at the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/404495636228327/
FOR THE RUNNERS: IT’S 5K SEASON!
Pier W Copper River Salmon 5K Run to benefit Malachi House
- Saturday, June 9: race starts at 10AM
- Lakewood Park Outdoor Pavilion (14532 Lake Ave., Lakewood, Ohio 44107)
- From the event organizers: Celebrate the health benefits of salmon and Reik’s determination to bring Cleveland the freshest, most delicious seafood with a 5K run. Lunch overlooking Lake Erie on Pier W’s deck will follow the race with salmon burgers and vegetarian/vegan options as well.
- Register at the Hermes website at http://www.hermescleveland.
- Saturday, June 16: run starts at 8:45AM
- at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- Register at the PCAN Kintera fundraising page.
- Saturday, June 23rd: starting at 8:30am
- at Buyers Field in Parma
- Register at http://hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/deandepiero.asp
July Sneak Peek: Second Annual Parma Run/Walk for the Pierogies benefiting the American Cancer Society Parma Area Relay for Life
- Saturday, July 7 at 8:30 am
- at Cuyahoga Community College’s Western Campus in Parma.
- From the race organizer: Once again pierogies will be provided to all participants by Parma’s own Little Polish Diner and Krakow Deli. There will also be revamped course and new, exciting t-shirt design.
- Regsiter online at http://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/parmapierogies.asp
It’s going to be one busy and HOT summer here in CLE! What are you looking forward to during the month of June?