Some random thoughts on the above essay request from my yoga teacher training application:
- I only get 1000 words?!
- How do I really share what brought me to yoga?
- How do I really share what keeps me coming back to yoga?
- If I’m so dedicated to my little nook of the yogic community, how do I open myself to the broader one?
- With all this yoga, when the heck am I going to have time to run? The Cleveland Marathon is less than 81 days away…
- Am I ready to take this leap from student to teacher?
- Is it wrong to include how much hip openers make me want to throw something?
- Why do I keep asking these questions and not writing the answer to this essay?
- Is it March 23rd yet?
On a side note: Chardon High School & its community was rocked on Monday the 27th after a student opened fire in the school cafeteria, ultimately killing three and injuring others. My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this horrific tragedy. As we all mourn, go hug your loved ones – spouses, parents, kids, pets, whomever. Show them the love you have while you can.