Another meet up of the Cleveland Chapter of the Ohio Blogging Association is in the books! On Tuesday, February 21st, bloggers from around Cleveland met at in Tremont for an evening full of wines, designs and plenty of chatter!
The blogroll for the evening included:
- Alicia from Poise in Parma (that’s me!)
- Crystal from Eat Drink Cleveland
- Danyell from @chariturbanista
- David from Health Insurance Issues with Dave and Again? Really?
- Holly from Rust Belt Runner
- Jen from Why CLE?
- Jill from Thrifty Volunteer and Rick
- Jody from The Days Go On
- Julie from Wearing Mascara
- Kasey from @KaseyCrabtree
- Kimberly from SMITTEN…in cleveland
- Kristian from Adventures of a trapped 300 pound man and Ohio Festivals
- Lindsay from @LMeggas
- Maria from The Daily Downward Dog
- Nadine from Blog – The New Black and Cleveland City Living
- Nidhi from NIDHIZZLE
- Raizel from OmStone Aromas
- Reanna from Big Shot Dot The I
- Sara from Finding The Time
- Stuart from @sos_jr
- Tracy from Passion for the Possible
Co-owner and designer Greg of Wine & Design welcomed twenty plus bloggers with open arms as we invaded their Tremont spot for our monthly meeting. As it was my first visit there, I was quite impressed by the vibe of the storefront – filled with plenty of cool yet refined home goods and tons of fine wine to choose from.
Based on my recent spinning obsession, it’s not a surprise that I almost went home with this adorable piece:
Located in between St. Theodosius Orthodox Cathedral (AKA the “Onion Church”) and Lilly’s Homemade Chocolates, Wine & Design was a hidden gem of Tremont that I was happy to discover! I can’t wait to take PIP Mom back – although she might move in…
After our usual introductions and announcements, I handed over the meeting to Tammy AKA the Chief Tasting Officer at Miss WineOH as she would be our wine guide for the evening.
Tammy lead us through a tasting of six different wines – three whites and three reds:
- 2010 Monmousseau Champagne (from France)
- 2010 Argiolas Vermintino (from Italy)
- 2010 Burgans Albarino (from Spain)
- 2010 Domaine Aime Cabernet Frace (from France)
- 2005 Crianza Camparron (from Spain)
- 2010 Stella Montepulciano d’Abruzzo (from Italy)
Along with our beverages, there was a spread of eats including cheeses, crackers, Miss WineOH’s Soppresata and Tomato crostini, Hummus from The Southside and Dichotomy Popcorn from Campbell’s at the West Side Market:
Throughout our two hour event, Tammy and Greg made sure our glasses were never empty and also managed to corral us occasionally so we could learn a bit about each of the wines being served.
I give Tammy serious credit as she presented three different red wines that I actually enjoyed. Better yet – she taught me why I enjoyed them! Maybe this half Italian girl will finally embrace those roots after all…
The energy in the room was high as the bloggers were excited to catch up with one another…
…and as they each got to know some new faces. One of my favorite parts of each meetup is to see the first time attendees open up and share their interest in blogging and social media. While we hide behind computers most of the time, getting to see one another face to face is a wonderful change of pace and better opportunity to communicate in a different way!
Before we knew it, it was far past 9:00PM and it was time to say goodbye. As my parting gift, I snagged a paczki that Kristian brought all the way from Kiedrowski’s in Amherst. I scored major points with Hans when he saw I brought him home a Fat Tuesday present!
From all the energy in the room and all the wine consumed, it’s safe to say we had another successful blogger meetup! I can’t thank our wonderful hosts Tammy from MissWineOH and Greg from Wine & Design enough for such a wonderful evening!
Interested in volunteering with us in March? Visit the event page on Facebook for our OBA March Cleveland Blogger Volunteer Night at the Cleveland Foodbank for all the details. It’s Harvest for Hunger time and they can use your help!! Hope you join us on Monday, March 12th!!