It’s very fitting that on the morning I planned to announce the winner of the ellasport Chloe Long-Sleeve Tee that Cleveland is getting a significant coating of snow!! So were you the lucky winner? Let’s first find out your responses to the mandatory first entry questions: here are favorite workout motivation tactics and your favorite “keep warm in the winter” tricks…
your favorite “keep warm in the winter” tricks included:
- Keep moving! The more energy I expend working out, the warmer I feel to sip lots of hot tea – so good for you and really helps keep me warm. Also snuggling up with my fur ball works too…
- My favorite trick for staying warm in the CLE winter = leggings under EVERYTHING. Even leggings under leggings! Sweater tights work pretty well, too.
- Lots of layers – you can never be too prepared! Not to mention after our long runs on Saturdays the girls and I end at Starbucks for a nice hot latte!!!!!
- My favorite winter work out tactic is to keep my home on the cool to colder side. This way being cold makes me get on my treadmill to work up a good sweat. Then I don’t mind that the house is cold.
- Hand warmers! I use them all the time in the winter. I buy them in bulk at Costco and Marshalls usually has them on sale.
- My trick for staying warm is wearing a scarf every day all day even indoors. It is a neural brown so it goes with every outfit!
- I do some light cardio in the house before I head outside to stay warm!
- to stay warm at home i wrap myself in my heated blankie…
I have to admit – I’m a HUGE fan of the leggings under EVERYTHING suggestion. I also find a pup will sub as a heated blanket in a pinch!
your favorite workout motivation tactics included:
- If I’m lacking motivation, I just need to GET OUT THE FRONT DOOR. seriously, works every time.
- I know I am crazy, but I love a cold snowy run. I find battling the elements to be very motivating!
- Motivation for me is that I always ALWAYS feel better after I work out. ALWAYS.
- My current motivation is the upcoming wedding. I had my first fitting, so no gaining for me!
- I like the “you’re stronger than you think you are” mantra.
- I always stay motivated to work out by remembering how “slow and sluggish” my body feels when I don’t.
- I’m still in the “getting healthy” not “super athlete” phase. So I set reminders on my phone to get moving.
- SUCK IN YOUR ABS when doing weight training!
- I find it easier though if I get up in the morning and get it out of the way.
- My motivation trick is to leave my workout clothes out the night before an A.M. workout.
- My motivation for workout is that I will stay fit and I can wear all my favorite dresses without any adjustments.
- My favorite workout motivation tactic for running is to have an outfit that makes me feel fast.
- My go-to motivation is in knowing how fast the ability to run and move can be taken from you. Makes me grateful to have get up and go.
- My best motivation is working out with a friend, or a killer music playlist on the iPod.
- My favorite motivation tactic is definitely accountability. If my boyfriend knows I plan on running five miles and I don’t, I’ll feel lame.
- I like to daydream about my beach vacations, it helps me think about how I’d LIKE to look in my bikini.
Whenever you are lacking motivation, think back on these suggestions – I think I’ve used them all at some point to get my body moving!
So what did our giveaway winner have to say?
Congrats Melissa from I Crashed The Web! I love the idea to sleep IN your workout gear – talk about setting yourself up for success! And I think you’re right – the length of the shirt is going to be perfect on you!! Please email me at poiseinparma (at) gmail (dot) com with your mailing info to claim your prize.
Many thanks to everyone who entered and to ellasport for their generosity!! Make sure to visit their site to see all their workout gear options and to “like” them on Facebook. Based on the snowflakes coming down this morning, I’m very happy to have that extra long sleeve layer!