Did you win the $50 Whole Foods gift card so you could stock your pantry with healthy options? Perhaps, but first, let’s find out what you all already had in your kitchens that you depend on in a pinch:
- dried beans
- pasta: of all cuts and sizes. someone even has a “noodle shelf” in their pantry! I love it!
- nut butters: almond butter, peanut butter (Peanut Butter & Company specifically for one commenter)
- oats (used daily in a few people’s homes, including mine)
- chia seeds
- canned black beans
- stock/broth: veggie & chicken
- chicken broth
- pancake mix
- olive oil
- rice: arborio rice, basmati rice, sushi rice, brown rice
- red lentils
- canned tomatoes (lots of last minute votes for this one!)
- Cream of Wheat
This is a great list of versatile options! Think of all the meals you could create with these – but in case you need some inspiration, visit the Whole Foods Cedar Center blog for inspiration from our local WFM staffers.
So from all those options, what does our giveaway winner HAVE to have in his/her pantry?
Congrats Ryan! I’m with ya on the chunky peanut butter! Now don’t go spending that entire gift card in the nut butter aisle! Please email me at poiseinparma (at) gmail (dot) com to claim your prize.
Many thanks to everyone who entered and to Whole Foods Market Cedar Center for their generosity. Check back tomorrow to see how I’ve already used some of my pantry ingredients over the past week. I may have been under the weather, but my stove was working in overdrive!