If you were on Twitter last night, you might have seen some ridiculous tweets about an activity that highly enjoy: karaoke! Exhibit A:
That Twitter conversation lead to some ridiculous moments which included a lot of laughing at my kitchen table. I love my ladies. Check out Julie’s post for more tweets from last night.
It got me thinking of the days when our friends would regularly meet up at a local dive bar on Saturday nights for some cheap drinks and karaoke. There were always just enough people to keep things flowing and entertaining, but just enough where you could easily sing three or four songs in an evening if you wanted to. Plus, the DJ is an old high school buddy that always takes care of us!
Since I’m already humming those tunes we’d all used to belt out, why not share them today – in our usual Tuesday fashion:
TEN THINGS THIS TUESDAY: SONGS YOU’LL HEAR WHILE KARAOKING WITH TEAM PIP
1. I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston: This is MY song and it’s a must sing of mine. Every night, every time. I get seriously mad when someone else sings it. Be warned.
2. It’s Raining Men – The Weather Girls: I keep this one of file for the always bound to happen “ladies group sing” number.
3. Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond: I really enjoy that Hans enjoys karaoke as much as I. I don’t think I’ve ever told him, but I always loves when he busts out this oldie but goodie.
4. Piano Man – Billy Joel: At our bar, there’s a gentleman that ALWAYS sings this song – but he also plays his own harmonica throughout. It’s pretty sweet.
5. Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen: My girl Stacie busts this out like it’s nobody’s business. You go girl.
6. Love Shack – B-52s: While you would expect this to be a guy-girl duet, I prefer to sing this with my great friend and maid of honor Dana. She makes one mean Fred Schneider.
7. Rebel Yell – Billy Idol: This is a staple of another one of our friend’s repertoire. Guy has the fist pump down.
8. These Dreams – Heart: This is my go-to slow song. Sometimes you need something that everyone’s not expecting.
9. Only The Good Die Young – Billy Joel: One of Hans’ standbys, and it’s just a feel good tune. Gets everyone moving!
10. I Got You Babe – Sonny & Cher: When I do get talked into a duet with Hans, it’s almost always to this song. I have the right hairstyle, not so much Cher’s vocal range. You win some, you lose some.
It’s your turn – what song are you singing on karaoke night?