It’s time to announce our Cleveland Marathon race entry winner! From the 27 comments, I go to random.org to pick our winner:
CONGRATS Jen from Live. Write. Repeat. :: that marathon all yours, girl!! Please email me at poiseinparma (at) gmail (dot) com to redeem your prize!
HEY CLEVELANDERS! Spring benefit season is upon us. Are you ready?! Why not kick it off with one big event this Thursday night? On April 28th, head down to The Galleria at Erieview for the 16th Annual Market Under Glass supporting the Cleveland Foodbank’s Harvest for Hunger Campaign.
From the MUG webpage: Don’t miss an evening of unlimited food and assorted drink from over 50 of the best restaurants and beverage purveyors in Northeast Ohio! Plus local celebrities, live entertainment, Continental Airlines Auction and much more!
Many consider this annual event to be one of the best annual foodie events in Northeast Ohio – myself included! Want to see the full list of participating restaurants and beverage distributors? Check out this amazing list. There really is something for everyone!
My mom and I had such a great time trying dishes from several “new to us” restaurants last year. I was looking forward to doing the same in 2011, but alas, life might be getting in the way of my foodie lifestyle. I still don’t know if I am going to be able to make it to this year’s event! I originally thought it was out of the question, but my schedule might be changing AGAIN… I’m going to be a game time decision!
…but if I was DEFINITELY going, I’d make a game plan. With a restaurant list like the one the planning committee has pulled together, my belly just wouldn’t be able to hold THAT much food! You have to prioritize, people! So please indulge me as I peruse the restaurant list to share with you, in my usual Tuesday fashion:
TEN THINGS THIS TUESDAY: MY TEN “MUST TRY” RESTAURANTS AT MARKET UNDER GLASS
1. Chinato/L’Albatros/Parallax/Table 45: This is no secret, but I love me some Zack Bruell cuisine. I’ve eaten at three of his four restaurants and have never had a bad experience. I would gladly visit this table over and over again!
2. Coquette Patisserie: I first discovered this Cleveland Heights bakery at last year’s event and was quite impressed not only by their visual presentation, but by their pastries as well. Save room for dessert kids.
3. Duet, Fine Catered & Prepared Foods: I’ve been hearing some great things about this company – here’s the perfect chance to learn more!
4. Naya Bistro & Lounge: Everything about this restaurant just seems fun: their vibe, their décor, their menu. I’d drive out to Highland Heights for a good time!
6. Shinto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: We’ve enjoyed hibachi at this Strongsville restaurant, but I’d love to try their sushi to see if it stands up to Pacific East – my personal CLE favorite.
7. The Good Fork: Chef Mary Wills is doing some great work with simple yet sustainable food in our area. I recently had the chance to meet this lovely chef and look forward to getting to try some of her food in the near future!
8. Umami Asian Kitchen: In the black hole that is Chagrin Falls lives this eternal foodie favorite. At the 2010 event, they served some fabulous noodle salad. I definitely remember going back for seconds.
10. Washington Place Bistro & Inn: I haven’t been back since the media preview back in November, but do foresee another visit in the near future. Something to look forward to!
There’s still time to get your tickets for the 2011 event! General admission tickets are $85 in advance, $100 at the door. VIP tickets are $150. To purchase tickets, click here or call 216.738.2046. All proceeds benefit Harvest for Hunger – a great cause, indeed!
Are you going to Market Under Glass? Which restaurant’s table would you sample more than once?