HEY CLEVELANDERS! As I’ve shared with you over the past few months, I was honored to be selected as an official PlayhouseSquare Jump Back Ball blogger for the 2011 event.
Did you miss any of my previous Jump Back Ball posts?
- Pick Me To Be the PlayhouseSquare Jump Back Ball Blogger!
- a big announcement: I’m a PlayhouseSquare Jump Back Ball Blogger!
- An Evening at a Jump Back Ball Shop Night
- ten things this tuesday: Jump Back Ball fun facts
This past Saturday night was the big event and we really did have a ball! So in a late-in-the-day Tuesday feature, I present:
TEN THINGS THIS TUESDAY: MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT JUMP BACK BALL
1) THE VIP RECEPTION: We did our best to arrive fashionably late, but were just too giddy to arrive after 7:00PM. We were ready for some VIP treatment in the Palace Theatre:
2) THE VIP PARTY FOOD COURTESY OF AMP 150:
That photo spread of the food spread says enough. Moving on.
3) THOSE CRAZY GERMANS: Upon entering the main event, we were greeted by these kind gentleman:
They took one look at Hans and we were all best friends. Before I knew it, I was polka dancing at Oktoberfest.
4) THE ENDLESS ADULT BEVERAGES: Thank goodness for an open bar and plastic beer mugs:
5) THE LADIES’ LOUNGE: Or in other words, the bar in the bathroom.
Does that give a new definition to “breaking the seal”? I don’t want to know.
6) THE FORTUNE TELLER: Or, as he also liked to be called, The Count of Onomatopoeia:
Apparently, Hans and I are going to have eight children, but only two of them will have red hair. Also, he said Cleveland will get a sports championship when the city of Cleveland moves somewhere else. While we weren’t huge fans of his predictions, the Count was a sweetheart.
7) THE JUGGLERS: A big thank you to the St. Ignatius High School Circus Troupe members for not hitting us with their juggling pins:
Hans is trying to video the experience via his iPhone, but alas, the video didn’t turn out.
8 ) THE ABSOLUT MARTINI ICE BAR: You could smell the mango vodka from the State Theatre lobby:
9) THE ROCKIN’ BANDS: The Menus and RadioActive got the party going and keep it rollin’ through the late night hours. It was awesome to dance on the State Theatre stage!
10) THE PEOPLE: I ran into so many friendly faces…
…and had a chance to catch up with fellow bloggers CLEshopaholic, Allison from Confessions of a Cohabitant and Amanda from Clue Into Cleveland, while making plenty of new friends throughout the evening. Want to see more familiar faces? Visit the PIP Facebook photo page for more coverage of this fabulous event!
Thank you to Stephanie, Cindi and the entire PlayhouseSquare staff for this wonderful experience! I was honored to serve as an official Jump Back Ball blogger. I encourage you all to attend this fabulous event next year – you know I can’t wait for Jump Back Ball 21!
Disclosure: PlayhouseSquare selected me to serve as a Jump Back Ball blogger after I submitted a blog entry. They provided me with access to their events, including the February 26th party and in return I agreed to blog about my experience. My thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.