TODAY’S POINT OF BALANCE: The faithful readers of PIP are used to the weekly Tuesday special, but that will be postponed to Thursday this week for a “very special episode” of Poise in Parma.
I had something to look forward to on Monday night as it was another chance for some lovely CLE bloggers to get together. The event planner in me rallied the troops and gathered one solid group of eight beautiful, strong and witty women at Zack Bruell’s L’albatros Brasserie + Bar in University Circle:
From left to right in the photo:
- Michelle at All Lacquered Up
- feeding maybelle
- Kali at Finishing Firsts
- Suzanne at life on Mars
- Shannon at The Daily Balance
- Mary at Fervent Foodie
- Katie at Healthy Heddleston
As we started to talk, I realized it was a bit of a celebration dinner for everyone for different reasons:
- A few of the ladies were attending their first blogger dinner – always something to remember!
- Kali recently ran the Columbus Marathon – her first one!
- Michelle’s blog was selected as one of the best beauty blogs on the web in the annual InStyle “Best of the Web” feature (How awesome is that?!)
- Suzanne is a soon to be homeowner
- Katie now a Team Beachbody Coach
- Shannon is the definition of a GLOWING, happy & healthy pregnant lady, and,
- I was celebrating my first blogiversary, as well the end of a successful month at work.
I HAVE to mention the FOOD as we were dining at one of Cleveland’s best restaurants! I highly enjoyed my seasonal selections. The soup du jour was a flavorful blend of red pepper and squash, topped with herbs and almonds. I enjoyed a seasonal salad special of baby spinach, Honeycrisp apples, fennel and blue cheese, along with a side of the braised white beans (highly recommended by Shannon). As a few of the ladies ordered the infamous cheese tray, we had a fabulous presentation of 20 different cheeses by David. I learned so much about cheese last night! The ladies selected seven solid choices and were not disappointed by the cheesy goodness that lasted through to dessert. I’ve never been disappointed by a meal at a Zack Bruell establishment. My “Tour du Bruell” is almost complete – now I just have Parallax to enjoy!
It was an amazing night that flew by too quickly, as they always do. No matter who shows up at our blogger dinners, I am inspired by the strength and brilliance in the room. We write different types of blogs: food blogs, beauty blogs, running blogs, blogs of “randomness” – this definitely being one of those! But we always find something to get the conversation going and it doesn’t stop, even continuing into the parking lot!
As for our next get together: I’m already planning a Holiday Treat Swap. It’s going to be one sugar filled December party! If you are interested in attending in the future, let me know – we’re always glad to have new “blends” join us!