Alas, I did not make it to the next round of Project Food Blog on Foodbuzz. A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you for putting up with my begging for votes! While I’m slightly bummed, it’s a blessing in disguise. Plus, there some MUCH MORE deserving and dedicated bloggers who made it on to the next rounds.
Another great thing about this competition is finding new blogs to read! So in my usual Tuesday way, I present to you:
TEN THINGS THIS TUESDAY: TEN NEW (TO ME) FOOD BLOGS I DISCOVERED THROUGH #PFB2010
1) feeding maybelle: Hurray for new Cleveland foodie connections! This mom documents her adventures of “eating, cooking and dreaming in Cleveland”. LOVE IT.
2) A Cook Walks Into A Bar: Great minds think alike: check out this second round entry for Texan Bulgogi with Bibim Bap. Even crazier: this Texan has a Northeast Ohio connection – her hubby is from my hometown!
3) The Great Balancing Act: For round two, Susan reached to her Scottish roots and made Scotch Eggs and Traditional Scottish Oatcake. Holy yum!
4) ATX Gluten-Free: I was excited to find this blog as I’m searching for gluten-free recipes. This recipe for Braised Bratwurst in Riesling with Apples, Onions and Fresh Parsley blew me away.
5) Sippity Sup: Greg’s got some of the most delicious recipes that I’ve seen in a long time. Check out his first round entry: his own Top 9 food posts – done Foodbuzz style. He’s my pick to go very far in the competition.
6) Heather’s Dish: I just love her tagline: The Story of a Joyful Kitchen. It just makes me want to cook!
7) Jun-Blog: Jun had me as soon as I read his “About Me”: I am a San-Francisco-dwelling, pembroke-welsh-corgi-belly-rubbing, honkey-nerd-loving, fried-chicken-eating, thirty-something chemical engineer, food photographer, and writer. We all know I have a soft spot for dog loving chemical engineers!
8) Food for Thought: Another bibimbap entry for round two, Dana had a similar reaction that I did to trying to pick one type of cuisine!
9) Shiny Cooking: You have got to check out Amy’s fantastic falafel post. I nearly ate my computer screen!
10) Can You Stay For Dinner?: Even before seeing her last two posts for Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken and Spicy Black Bean Stuffed Peppers, I immediately became a fan of what Andrea was creating. Can’t wait to try them myself!
Good luck to everyone still participating in Project Food Blog! Can’t wait to see what you create!
What are some of your recent blog discoveries? Share some links in the comments!