Disclosure: In exchange for providing this giveaway, I was invited to attend a Media Preview Open House for Cleveland Botanical Garden’s Glow and received an additional two admission tickets to return to the special exhibition. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Typically, I’m in the “you don’t decorate for the holidays before Thanksgiving” camp. My husband talked me into breaking that rule this year (and I have to admit — it was nice to have it complete by mid-November!) But a few other Clevelanders had the same idea — and one non-profit in particular. The staff at the Cleveland Botanical Garden had plenty to prep in advance of their holiday exhibition, Glow — running now through January 3.
Photo c/o Cleveland Botanical Garden
Glow is Cleveland Botanical Garden’s winter spectacular, and one of the area’s holiday traditions that all should make a part of their celebrations. I had the luck of attending a Media Preview last week before Glow opened to the public on Friday. What a treat Cleveland Botanical Garden’s staff have in store for Northeast Ohioans!
You might recognize that cute toddler — my godson Jeffrey and his mom Jen (AKA WhyCLE?) were at CBG at the same time as me — what a surprise!
Check out a sampling of the highlights you and your family can enjoy:
- Delight at the creative trees decorated by Affiliate Garden Clubs.
- Marvel at the 150 amazingly whimsical gingerbread houses.
- Hop aboard the Garden Express for a whimsical train ride
- Visit a lively town square filled with musicians and carolers.
- Decorate your very own gingerbread house with a full array of sweet treats (cost is $15, $20 or $25)
- Let the kids pick out gifts for everyone at the charmingly kid-sized Treetop Shop.
- Enjoy classic holiday candies of all shapes and sizes from Mrs. Claus’s Sweet Shoppe.
- See the lights shine brighter on Wednesday and Friday evenings, with extended hours and seasonal dinner specials.
Tickets for Glow are $16 for each non-member adult, $12 for each non-member child and FREE for Garden and Holden Arboretum members. Tickets now available online at the CBG website, at the Botanical Garden ticketing desk, or by calling 216.721.1600, ext. 100… or you can enter to win a family four pack of tickets at the Rafflecopter this week on the blog:
You have until THIS FRIDAY, December 4 at 11:59PM to enter. A winner will be announced the next morning on the PIP Facebook page. As this is a local event taking place in Cleveland, Ohio, I highly encourage entries by those that can attend Glow by January 3. P.S. You also have an extra chance to enter to win through tomorrow over at WhyCLE — click here to learn how to enter on her site.